Date Added: 11 January 2017
: 25 January 2017
Job Title: Chief of Staff
Working For: Flick Drummond MP (Portsmouth South)
Location: Portsmouth and London
Salary: In line with IPSA pay-scales
Flick Drummond MP has a vacancy for a Chief of Staff.
Contract Type: Full-time; permanent
- Overall management of the Member's diary commitments, including events organisation and project management, delegating tasks to others as appropriate
- Ensure a range of efficient secretarial and administrative support
- Ensure the office is fully equipped
- Liaise with groups/personnel at Westminster, within the constituency and the general public on the Member's behalf as necessary
- Manage secretarial support to special interest groups as required
- Manage the office team, ensuring accurate personnel records are kept and notifying IPSA of contractual changes as necessary
- Responsibility for managing all aspects of the budget, keeping the Member informed of all relevant financial matters
Skills & Experience:
- Experience of staff management
- Experience of event planning and project management
- Experience of running a busy office
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Customer service experience
- Excellent IT skills including experience of using Microsoft Office packages and databases
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise a large and varied workload
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a small team
- Ability to learn quickly and be adaptable
- Must have good knowledge of Portsmouth
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 25 January 2017
Interviews will be held on an individual basis. We reserve the right to make an appointment before the closing date should a suitable applicant be found.
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitablility for the position to email@example.com.
Due to the high volume of applications, we may not be able to provide individual feedback.