Date Added: 4 January 2017
: 31 January 2017
Job Title: Volunteer Social Media and Communications Coordinator
Working For: St Ethelburga's Centre for Peace and Reconciliation
Charity Number: 1121983
Salary: Travel and lunch expenses covered (part-time, flexible hours)
We are looking to recruit a resourceful and enthusiastic individual to help develop our:
- Social media strategy and communications planning
- Supporting the Director with research
- Getting involved in our projects and team activities
Social media and communications:
You will help us engage with stakeholders in a more effective and strategic way. With experience of devising effective communications campaigns, you will effectively communicate the charity's message through appropriate online and digital channels to publicise events and programmes and raise our profile generally. You may also manage the photo library; be present at events and take photos and video diaries; keep the website up to date; write copy for website and other promotional materials; manage Google Adwords; monitor social media stats; locating images.
Project and team involvement:
Team meetings, helping with events, attending trainings, being part of the life of the team.
· Good social media knowledge
· Resonance with the aims and ethos of the Centre
· Good tech skills – able to pick up new systems quickly
· Design skills, creative flair, love of images and photos
· Ability to pick up new things quickly, take on responsibility and act on own initiative
· Able to juggle both high and low level tasks alongside each other
· Able to build relationships with all team members
· Communications experience
· Interest in images and photography
· Good time management
· Commitment to building a better world.
Remuneration and details:
This is a volunteer role and as such there are no set hours for this role.
We provide you with travel (Oyster peak rate in London travel zones) and lunch expenses up to maximum of £50 a week.
What you can expect from us:
- A very flexible approach
- A unique and memorable experience
- A wide range of skills for your CV
- Free access to most of our high quality training courses
- Opportunity to network widely
The role being advertised is a voluntary one. As such, there are no set hours and responsibilities and you should be free to come and go as you wish. If the post demands set hours and/or has a specific job description you may be deemed to be a ‘worker’ and be covered by National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage legislation. See http://www.w4mp.org/jobs-listings-events/jobs/
advertising-jobs-with-w4mp/volunteers/what-is-the-national-minimum-wage/ for more information about National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage.
Closing Date: 31 January 2017
Interviews may be offered before the closing date.
Please send a one page cover letter stating why you are interested in volunteering at St Ethelburga's and a copy of your CV (no more than two pages) to Adam@stethelburgas.org, Office and Volunteer Manager.