Date Added: 20 December 2016
: 15 January 2017
Job Title: Volunteer Intern
Working For: Never Such Innoncence
Charity Number: 1156148
Salary: Travel expenses up to £10 per day (ideally 2 days per weeks, hours flexible)
About Never Such Innocence
Never Such Innocence is a high profile, dynamic and newly registered charity, established to commemorate the centenary of the First World War through a series of events and initiatives which emphasise the Commonwealth dimension of the conflict and the creative legacy which emerged from the war. We run a poetry, art and music competition for schoolchildren aged 9-16.
We are looking for an outgoing and motivated individual to join our team. The role is ideal for someone wanting to gain experience in an office environment and/or wanting to work in the third sector. At Never Such Innocence we are a small team and so this role will provide you with experience in multiple areas.
• Collating competition entries
• Marketing the 2016-17 competition, including contacting schools via email and telephone
• Inputting key data into multiple databases
• Support the organisation of a gala dinner at Canada House
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Ability to use own initiative and prioritise
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Good telephone manner
• Interest in and working knowledge of the First World War
The role being advertised is a voluntary one. As such, there are no set hours and responsibilities and you should be free to come and go as you wish. If the post demands set hours and/or has a specific job description you may be deemed to be a ‘worker’ and be covered by National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage legislation. See http://www.w4mp.org/jobs-listings-events/jobs/
advertising-jobs-with-w4mp/volunteers/what-is-the-national-minimum-wage/ for more information about National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage.
Closing Date: 15 January 2017
Interviews will take place w/c 16th January, start date will be w/c 23rd January.
Please send a CV and covering letter of no more than 500 words to Lucy Kentish at email@example.com.