Date Added: 13 December 2016
: 16 January 2017
Job Title: Intern (voluntary)
Working For: Barry Sheerman MP (Huddersfield)
Salary: Reasonable travel and food expenses inside London
Areas of work:
- Working with the Westminster office to respond to constituent correspondence
- General administrative tasks
- Supporting the Senior Parliamentary Assistant with research
- Assisting with team work and communications with relevant contacts
- Other impromptu duties as and when required
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Competent use of IT
- Cooperation and teamwork skills
- Good time management and organisation
- Understanding of current affairs
- Ability to take initiative and prioritise work
What we’ll offer you;
- 3 + months' experience
- Opportunity to work at the centre of politics
- Experience in professional environment
- Development of research and interpersonal skills
- Freedom to explore political interests
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
The role being advertised is a voluntary one. As such, there are no set hours and responsibilities and you should be free to come and go as you wish. If the post demands set hours and/or has a specific job description you may be deemed to be a ‘worker’ and be covered by National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage legislation. See http://www.w4mp.org/jobs-listings-events/jobs/
advertising-jobs-with-w4mp/volunteers/what-is-the-national-minimum-wage/ for more information about National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage.
Closing Date: 16 January 2017
Candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis. We may appoint before the closing date so early application is advised.
Start date to be arranged.
Please send your CV to Emily Christou at email@example.com.
15 December 2016: this advert has been removed before the closing date as enough applications have now been received and short-listing has been completed.